I recently finished a couple herringbone cowls. This pattern is wildly popular, and I have been wanting to make it for a while. Shanna and I decided to make them together, we got the yarn together over the summer and had grand plans of knitting in a cabin together sipping tea while the leaves fall.
When those plans didn't work out, I started mine in September while I was in Portland, and then Shanna was so swamped with work she knew she wouldn't get to hers. I am more than happy to have a knitting project to do, so we decided to do a trade and I knit hers up this week.
This pattern is really simple and easy, once you get past casting on 220 stitches. I made a couple mistakes on mine, but once I got to the second one I knit it up totally mistake free (a little proud of that).
As modeled by Gigi, these cowls are huge, and really cozy. I don't know how I got so lucky to get a dog I can put crazy things on, and I just say "stay" and she will be motionless for 15 minutes while I take a hundred pictures. Although I had to adjust it at one point because she was about to tip over (first picture). I love her.
ravelry details for ecru and gray.